Christian Photographers Community
Recipes, Links and Information => Members' Recipes Recipes Index => Muffins, Breads & Cookies => Topic started by: RuthV on September 18, 2010, 10:11:04 PM
Blueberry Zucchini Bread
* 3 eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 cup vegetable oil (can be halved using 1/2 cup of applesauce)
* 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 1/4 cups white sugar
* 2 cups shredded zucchini
* 3 cups all-purpose flour (can use whole wheat flour)
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
* 1 pint fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared mini-loaf pans.
3. Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
Note: I use 2 odd glass loaf pans (One: 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2
The other: 4.8 cup, 1.1 litre)
filled approx 3/4 full, they go over the tops in cooking, however look terrific.
they take a bit longer than above; about 1hour 20 minutes.
Ruth this both tastes and looks wonderful! Way to go!!! Thanks for posting it.