• Welcome to Christian Photographers Community. Please login or sign up.

Random Image

VirginiaFallSpendorwithscriptforphotography

Owner: Fotobirder

Mini Challenge Winners

Help us Congratulate the Winner of Mini Challenge #106~My Favorite Things
Here
Congratulations Fotobirder!
Bird Photos In Snow

Today's Verse

Shoutbox

Oldiesmann: Site has been upgraded to 2.1 RC3. Let me know if you run into any issues Sep 06 2020 8:24pm

JudyB: Hey everyone September's devotional has been posted.! Sep 04 2020 11:25am

JudyB: Hey everybody August has been posted! Aug 01 2020 4:19pm

Carol: Hello, it is July 11th. today - already!  We have had three people come by each day - the cage they set to capture the critter is empyty.  All the food has been eaten - something licked the empty can clean.  !  Jul 11 2020 5:53pm

JudyB: July 2020 has been started!! Jul 01 2020 12:57pm

JudyB: Interesting fact 44 earthquakes in the past 24 hours. Jun 29 2020 12:31pm

JudyB: Carol why can't you comment?  Can you reset your password? Jun 29 2020 12:26pm

Carol: This is the only place I can reply. I read all your notes - take care.  Jun 27 2020 9:12am

JudyB: Good day everyone, Have a wonderful day! Jun 23 2020 12:25pm

JudyB: Hey Everyone June has been posted!  Please don't post in May Jun 01 2020 1:32am

Hearty Sweet Potato Curry

Started by Marilyn, March 04, 2005, 08:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyn

Hearty Caribbean Sweet Potato Curry

For the vegetarian Use Tofu instead of Pork.

¾ lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into ½-inch cubes (or use boneless, skinless chicken breast or tofu)
3 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. canola or olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes, or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
2 large or three medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ¾-inch chunks
1 – 14 ½-oz. can reduced sodium, fat free chicken broth
1 – 14 ½-oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
freshly ground black pepper to taste

1. In a medium bowl, toss pork (chicken or tofu) with 1 tsp. curry powder and salt.

2. In a Dutch oven, heat 1 tsp. oil over high heat. Add meat or tofu and cook, stirring often, until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.

3. Reduce heat to medium-low and add remaining 1 tsp. oil to pot.  Add onion, garlic and pepper(s); cook, stirring, until softened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 tsp. curry powder and cook for 1 minute more.

4. Add sweet potatoes, chicken broth and tomatoes and their juices and bring to a simmer.  Cover and cook until sweet potatoes are tender and sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.

5. Add reserved pork and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.

Serves 6, with 250 calories per serving, 4 g. fat, 35 mg chol., 675 mg. Sodium, 6 g fiber, and 40 g carb. 
"Good people take care of their animals, but even the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel" Prov. 12:10
Click for North Bend, Oregon Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150        My Website

Etta Sue