• Welcome to Christian Photographers Community. Please login or sign up.

December 15, 2019, 07:25:15 am

News:

Have you looked at our Gallery lately?
Some nice photos in THERE

Random Image

worried

Owner: Skief

Mini Challenge Winners

Help us Congratulate the Winner of Mini Challenge #106~My Favorite Things
Here
Congratulations Fotobirder!
Bird Photos In Snow

Today's Verse

Shoutbox

Oldiesmann: Final update on this, for those not on Seniors and Friends... I got the car. Similar payments to what I had with the Malibu, but for only 4 years instead of 6. Dec 11 2019 1:45am

Oldiesmann: Yet another update on the car situation... Going to look at a 2012 Hyundai Sonata tomorrow (Tuesday). Hoping to get it, assuming everything looks good and I can get affordable payments Dec 03 2019 12:04am

Oldiesmann: Accident was my fault. Went through what I thought was a yellow light and it turned red before I got through the intersection. Got hit by cross traffic on the front right side Oct 26 2019 10:34am

Marilyn: So is your insurance going to foot the cost of an new car for you. was the accident the other guy's falt or yours? Oct 22 2019 11:42am

Oldiesmann: Update on the car situation... Initial estimate was that the car was repairable. However, after further inspection at a body shop, the insurance company determined that the cost of repairs is about $1200 more than the car is worth Oct 16 2019 10:28pm

Oldiesmann: For those who didn't see the message on seniorsandfriends, I was involved in an accident this morning. I'm fine and my car should be repairable, but I've had the car less than 48 hours and am not looking forward to the costs Sep 30 2019 12:33pm

Carol: Praise:  I have no cancer after undergoing a skin throat surgery  today!  Everyone was surprised - - prayers answered.   So very blessed. Aug 13 2019 5:25pm

Carol: Today is another drive to the VA.  We have found a little part that is not on the fast and furious freeway.  Whoever thinks that growth in a city is a good thing is wrong.  Two grands came for an overnight and their visits mean so much to us.  /b] Aug 07 2019 10:46am

Carol: I hope everyone is feeling well and happy.  Aug 07 2019 10:42am

JudyB: I have posted a new month! Aug 02 2019 8:05pm

Psalm 53

Started by Al Moak, April 28, 2003, 02:15:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Moak

April 28, 2003, 02:15:13 pm Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 09:08:07 am by Al Moak
Psalm 53

This psalm is exactly like Psalm 14, except that the Hebrew word for "God" is different in verse 2.  In Psalm 14, the word was "Jehovah" - the covenant Lord of His people.  In that psalm the verse read, "God looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any who understand, who seek the covenant Lord."  Here it reads, " . . . who seek God."  The question of Psalm 14 was whether anyone was seeking Israel's Covenant Lord.  The question here is whether anyone is even seeking the one true God.  The answer is still "no."

Put in modern terms, we could paraphrase, "Not only are there very few Christians out there in the world, but there are very, very few who even consider the possibility of a God at all."

It's not a happy theme.  It seems reasonable that this portion of the psalm would be sung in a very minor key, possibly with accompanying dissonance.  It's a picture of the real world, the world of total unbelief, the world that hates believers and seeks to be rid of them!

And the results are predictable.  The temple worshippers repeat after their leader, "They are corrupt, and have done abominable iniquity.  There is none who does good!"  It reads the way the headlines of our modern newspapers should read! It's a prediction from ancient times of the development of human depravity in our own day, with all the rampant political corruption, all the demands for homosexual "rights," all the schoolground shootings, and all the releases of dangerous criminals from prison to prey again upon society!

Our own prayers should echo those of Israel: "Oh that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion!  When God brings back the captivity of His people, let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!"  If you can tolerate the evil surrounding the people of God in our day, if you can simply ignore the corruption that has been foisted upon God's good creation, if you can easily ignore the rebellion against God's rule that is all around you - without crying out a prayer like this one for the return of Christ, for release and relief from the rebellion of this world against God - then perhaps He isn't your God at all!

Oh sing this prayer in its minor key, and plead for the soon return of the Lord of righteousness!