Mini Challenge Winners

Help us Congratulate the Winner of Mini Challenge #106~My Favorite Things
Here
Congratulations Fotobirder!
Bird Photos In Snow

Today's Verse

Site Menu

Shoutbox

Oldiesmann: I'm not aware of any Jenny. Not sure why activity has died down on this site so much though 2023-06-12, 00:06:36

JennyW: Also, does anyone know other photo sharing sites that are Christian? 2023-05-16, 08:47:03

JennyW: Hello Everyone! I really miss activity on this site. I've been discouraged by photography sites where you have to sort through so much explicit content in order to see photos that truly glorify God. I'd love to see this site pick up again. 2023-05-16, 08:46:36

Janet: Carol, I am just reading this.  So sorry for your loss, glad your beloved Don knew the Lord and you have the assurance of his eternity  and that you WILL see him again.  Much love to you.  Janet 2022-06-18, 08:49:36

Oldiesmann: So sorry for your loss Carol. Praying for you and your family :( 2022-05-01, 17:13:05

Carol: My husband Don is with the angels.....Our family was able to hold  ourselves together for the last moments.  Juar rhoufhr you might want to know. 2022-04-29, 23:35:15

Carol: Thankful:  Don is home from hospital.  I found him unconscious with head outside on the floor and the rest was in the shower.  At the same moment, one son was walking through the front door to visit.  Two fire trucks came racing in and they took over After 2021-12-29, 22:01:26

JennyW: Autumn is shaping up to be quite beautiful this year! 2021-10-02, 12:24:03

JudyB: I will be back this evening to start July's thoughts..... The wedding was beautiful! 2021-07-02, 11:51:09

JudyB: June is finally started! 2021-06-07, 12:34:35

New Every Morning~May 1

Started by Pat, May 01, 2003, 12:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Morning Devotional...

When he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.                                   Luke 15:20

Slow are the steps of repentance, but swift are the feet of forgiveness. 

God can run where we can scarcely limp, and if we are limping towards Him, He will run towards us.

These kisses were given in a hurry; the story is narrated so that there is a sense of haste in the very wording of it.

His father "ran, and fell on his neck and kissed him"--eagerly, he did not delay, for though he was out of breath he was not out of love.

Your Father's many kisses will make you forget your brother's frowns.
                                                             ~C. H. Spurgeon~

Two things the prodigal would never understand:
Why he had fled love for the dark streets and the black wine,
Or why, when he quit the swinecote,
Love ran to meet him on the road.
[/size][/color]

"Click for Waterloo Wellington, Ontario Forecast"

Pat

Sonja, I'm not sure what you mean by your question?  Archive the votes?  Or Achieve the votes?   ???

Sorry about that .  This is all new to me too! :-[

karmat

I heard a story one time about a modern day prodigal son.  A young man left home to make it on his own.  After some time, and a great many failures, he telegrammed home and said, "I will be on the afternoon train on next Tuesday.  If I am forgiven, and you want me to come home, tie a white ribbon on one of the branches of the apple tree next to the track.  Then, I will know if I should get off at the station or not."

The next Tuesday, the train approached the apple tree, and the young man nervously looked out.  What he saw brought tears to his eyes.  On almost every branch was a white ribbon making the tree look as if it were in bloom and leaving no doubt in the young man's mind.

God loves us so much.  I don't think we can even begin to comprehend how much he cares for us.  ya know what I mean? :)

Pat

Thanks for that, Karma!   I agree that the Lord's love for us in not able to be measured!

I've missed our Mieka.  I hope she's ok.

mieka

;DOh how kind of you Ms Pat. I am ok, I am right here

I want to ask ms Karmat if she will have a challenge with me on the DPC. I would like to make a Christian picture there too and see if i can make one more better than Ms Karmat. it will be fun I think, yes?

Pat

Ohhhhhhhh....  Lovely to see you, Mieka!

I'm so glad you're ok.

I really must get to bed!

Now, Mieka, please feel free to post lots and lots and lots of photos of where you live in our Photography forum.  I just love the ocean and I miss it so much.  My Jack and I used to walk along the sea shore nearly every night when we lived in Ireland.

karmat

Meika -- I have no doubt that any picture you submit would beat mine!  You have an almost uncanny ability to put emotion into your shots.  I can occassionally, but it rare that I achieve that.  

I do think it would be neat one week for all of us members of DPC to take a "Christian themed" shot one challenge and enter them at the same time.  I think Anthony suggested that one time, a long time ago.  

mieka

???I thought it is for Mothers pictures this time?
I do not have any :(

I think it will be fun ms Karmat. and I did not know Mr Anthony is a rainbow. he made a very nice comments for me. It make me smile ;D

and Ms Pat I will make many pictures for you. I think I can do it. I like the beach too. It has always been my home.

karmat

The mother's challenge is the bi-monthly challenge.  In the other photography forum, you can post anything you want, whenever you want.  Just start a new thread, and post away.  (It does help ot limit each post to 3 pictures, though, for those of us on dinosaur computers.  you can post as many pictures as you want, only put just three per post.  Does that make sense?????)

Pat

Hi Mieka...  Not just OUR very own mother but anyone's mother or a mother cat or a mother horse or a mother dog or a mother whatever!!!  Anything that reminds us of something "motherly" will be fine to be in the challenge.

BUT...

Mieka, you could post some photos of where you live in just the Photography area.  The Challenge is only one area of our site.

mieka

;D I see. I will make a beach and a mother picture then all in one.  ;D you will like it.

I have my DQ picture too. It was very nice, it was to be my most best one ever on the DPC. but it was a DQ. I was so sad. So perhaps you will like it in here.  8) I will be sad if it is a DQ in here too ::)

Ms Pat... a Guelph is a very funny name for a town, yes? ;D

karmat

;D

Now, i must really go to bed.  I am getting sleepy.  Have a good night ya'll and a good day to those of you that get up and on here before i do.
8)

Pat

Great!  I'll look forward to that, Mieka.

Oh, it's thundering and lightening here so I must shut down my computer!  

I wish I were there to give you a real live "motherly hug", Mieka!  

I'll look forward to your photos.

Love

Pat

Pat

WELCOME CAMI!!

We're REALLY so very glad to see you!

mieka

Nin Hao Cami
;D(it is a Chinese welcome)

I think you will like it here, it is a wonderful place to spend a quiet moment. ;D

Anthony

Good morning everyone.  I enjoyed the devotional this morning.  The words of the hymn was so thought provoking.  It spoke of fleeing from the love of God to go to the dark streets and black wine.  It reminds me of the scripture:

"Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itselft in fatness."
Isaiah 55: 2.

True satisfaction comes only from abiding in Christ.  I am sure that all on here would agree with me.

I do hope that everyone has a great day today.  And  that we all enjoy the blessing of God.

Anthony.

Anthony

Karma that is a great idea about entering a challenge for DPC using a christian theme.  I am having so much trouble trying to return the digital camera that was faulty, that I have become disheartened entering the challenges.  Also the digi cam that I am left with I can't use very well, but I would love to begin joining in again, even if I didn't make very high scores.  To cut a long story short, I am up for it ;D

Meika, I use the name rainbow a lot on forums.  It always reminds me of the love that God has towards us all :)

I am sorry I am not replying to everyone lately.  Things are mad over here at the moment.  I look forward to things calming down a bit.

God bless,

Anthony.

mercychild

Good morning everyone.  It's been fairly busy in here, although most of it is from last night I guess.  Mieka, I look forward to seeing your photo!

Karma, that was a lovely story!  It was so nice.  I'm glad you shared that.  I was going to post more,b ut I am getting so many posts from friends!  I'm looking forward to seeing my best friend, she's coming home Sunday night.  God bless you all.  Jen.

Ruth Ann Bice

Hi, I'm just here for a moment - gotta get to work.

Hope everyone has an excellent day today.

Ruth Ann
...his compassions fail not.  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

Sonifo

Welcome Cami

Good morning!

What a beautiful day and wonderful words from Pat, Anthony and Karmat to think about today.

Hello Mieka.  I am also excited to see your pictures.

Marilyn

WELCOME CAMI

I SEE YOU MADE IT AFTER ALL. I WAS HOPING YOU WOULD COME SOON.

Good Morning everyone. It sure was busy here last night. It's back to work for me today. I got a little more packing done yesterday, just a couple of boxes but a few here and afew there will get it done.

I haven't heard anything on my new camera yet. Idon't know how long it takes for them to ship it but I hope it comes real soon.

St story of the prodigal is a special stroy to me. Iwas a prodigal daughter, who came back home  after bing incarcerated for 1 1/2 years to a mother who loved me very much and welcomed me back with so much love. I still miss my mom, she has been with the Lord for 6 years now. I think of her almost everyday. She prayed for me every day of my life while she was onthis earth. Now her prayers have been answered  and Iknow she is looking down at me and smiling to know that here prayers were not in vain.
"Good people take care of their animals, but even the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel" Prov. 12:10
Click for North Bend, Oregon Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150        My Website

Larry Hanna

Hi everyone.  We have an overcast but not cool day here in Georgia.  I have a SeniorNet Learning Center Board meeting this afternoon.  I am really not looking forward to it as I know of a contentious matter involving some of our volunteers that we need to take up.  This is the type of problem you don't like to see in a volunteer organizatiion.

Pat, I can relate to the devotional this morning as we had a prodigal son who finally reached the bottom and came home.  He has turned out to be a fine, upstanding and very successful person.  It is wonderful to know with certainty that God welcomes all of the prodigal sons and daughters who seek him through our Lord, Jesus Christ.

I will have to go to the main page again and look at the second icon as you must have been working on it when I saw the first one and voted.  Are we suppose to vote more than once?

Karmat, what prize could you win that would exceed the comment about how your photo had touched a life.  That is really outstanding.  Will you be sharing that photo with us here when your challenge is over?

Mieka, I am looking forward to more of your beautiful pictures.  

Welcome Cami.  You are most welcome here and I look forward to your joining in our discussions.
[/color][/size][/font]

Anthony, I hope things get better for you quickly.  Isn't it always darkest before the dawn?

Marilyn, I see this devotional is special to you as well as it is to me today.  I know you are happy that your friend, Cami, has joined with us.

Guess I had better move on.  Karmat has sent me a list of books that will be up on the Christian Book Exchange sometime today, as soon as I get the coding completed.  I will leave a message here with the link so everyone will have a chance to see the titles as I think most of us gather here.

Etta Sue

CAMI!!!
We visit every day.  We talk about our children, grandchildren, local politics, aches and pains, sorrows, triumphs.  We discuss the Sunday sermon, our reading of scripture, a new book that touched or troubled us.  We post photographs.  We laugh a lot.  Sometimes we cry.  We make an effort to listen intently.

Our visits to CP is our holy time.  As we read each others posts and look at each others pictures, we posts our thoughts, hopes, and fears to each other and to God.  Our posts are a manifestation of Christ in the world.  Being part of the Body of Christ is not a private walk with Jesus; it is two or three people gathered together with Christ in their midst.  When we show compassion or 'listen' with love, we are expressing Christ.  We are being the church in the world.  Even though we aren't perfect and we don't have all the right answers, we experience Christs's presence in these times together.

Who needs someone to listen???!!!

Etta Sue

Oh, how I love this sleeping with the windows open.  There was a forecast for possible rain but I left the windows open anyway.  And God is good.  He sent a strong breeze that woke me in time to lower the windows before the heavy rain, lightening and thunder came.  

Mieka ~ I just love your posts.  When I read your posts, you even have a Chinese accent... ::)  I love your thoughts and questions.  Now to see some photos of the west coast in your area.  I love the Pacific Ocean....USA mainland AND Hawaii.

I didn't get the yard mowed yesterday but must try to get it done today before more rain comes.  It is nice and breezy now so it should dry off soon.

I pray that everyone has a God Blessed Day.

?º°`°º?ø,¸¸,ø?º°`°º?ø?º°`°º?ø,¸¸,ø?º°`°º?ø?º°`°º?ø,¸¸,ø?º°`°º?ø?º°`
"May is God's apology for February."

Sonifo

Etta Sue, I love your quote!

Janet

Good morning to all here on CP.  Beth and I are just leaving to go to her doctor in Guymon.  Please pray that she will recieve a GOOD REPORT this time!

I will be back later.  Have to hurry now!
My book Rising Above available at JanetDamon.com

Marilyn

I called the place Iordered the camera from to check on myorder. IT DIDN'T GO THROUGH. so I had toreorder it and it should be here in about 10 day.s WHOOPEE!! Then I can learn how to use a digital camera and find someone with a usb port to download it onto disk for me. Frank at the local ISP will probably do it for me.

Marilyn is doing the Pentacostal Happy dance. Haha
"Good people take care of their animals, but even the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel" Prov. 12:10
Click for North Bend, Oregon Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150        My Website

Pat

We'll be praying, Janet.  Check in as soon as you get back!

Pat

Quote from: Marilyn on May 01, 2003, 11:16:44 AM
I called the place Iordered the camera from to check on myorder. IT DIDN'T GO THROUGH. so I had toreorder it and it should be here in about 10 day.s WHOOPEE!! Then I can learn how to use a digital camera and find someone with a usb port to download it onto disk for me. Frank at the local ISP will probably do it for me.

Marilyn is doing the Pentacostal Happy dance. Haha

Glad you're going to get that camera soon, Marilyn!  Hope you're happy with it.

Pat

Today's Creation Moment...

Listen here

The Animal that Lives Without Air

Psalm 105:5

"Remember His marvelous works which He has done, His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth..."

When little or no oxygen is dissolved in the blood of most animals or humans, death quickly follows. The chemistry by which our cells generate energy to stay alive needs oxygen. When oxygen runs short, a second, temporary, energy producing system kicks in. This system doesn't need oxygen, but it produces lactic acid which can kill living cells. Therefore this second energy system is an emergency measure, used only when seriously starved for oxygen.

In order to avoid this dangerous situation many amphibians and reptiles that hibernate in ponds, lakes, and rivers have the ability to remove oxygen directly from the water through special tissue on their throats. However, the painted turtle and the mud slider hibernate as close to the freezing line below the water as possible. As a result, they often hibernate in water where the oxygen is quickly used and have lived completely without oxygen for up to 120 days. How do they do it?

During the summer the turtle stores large amounts of a carbohydrate that can provide energy without using oxygen. The turtle has a unique built-in system that detoxifies the poisonous lactic acid that is built up. As a result the turtle can live for months with no oxygen in its blood or in the water around it.

This unique ability is based on a sophisticated understanding of biochemistry. It's clearly not the result of a genetic accident. It can only be the work of the unique creativity of our Creator!

Prayer: Lord, there is nothing that is impossible for You. I thank You for Your love for me in carrying my sin to the cross and rising from the dead so that I might have new life. Let me never forget that Your great power is used in love for me. Amen.

REF.: Janet M. Storey and Kenneth B. Storey. Out Cold. Natural History 1/92, p. 23-25.